CAPTURE IN A 250-350 WORD DESCRIPTIVE OR NARRATIVE ESSAY
WHY YOU (OR OTHERS) LOVE WALKING OR ROLLING TO SCHOOL
OR...DRAW A PICTURE THAT ILLUSTRATES ONE OR MORE REASONS WHY WALKING OR ROLLING TO SCHOOL IS FUN, HEALTHY, OR GOOD FOR THE ENVIRONMENT
• Essay may be typed or neatly handwritten.
• Essay must have a title
• Picture must be in color
• Picture must have a caption that describes the reason you drew about
• Label entry with first and last name, grade, teacher, and school name
• Students may submit an essay, a drawing, or one of each!
Essays judged on originality, content, clarity of expression, and creativity.
Art judged on creativity and originality, quality, and overall design.
• Each Grand Prize Art Winner will receive a $25.00 gift card for a local Art Supply store
• Each Grand Prize Essay winner will receive a $25.00 gift card for Copperfield’s Book Store
• 20 Honorable Mentions will be listed on the www.sonomasaferoutes.org website and will receive a $5.00 gift card to Jamba Juice
• Reception for Winners and Honorable Mentions in April: Date/Location/Time TBA
ONE WINNER IN EACH CATEGORY FOR GRADES 2-3, 4-5, AND 6-8
Mail entries to: Attention SRTS Essay/Art Contest, Sonoma County Bicycle Coalition, PO Box 3088, Santa Rosa, CA 95402-3088 (must be received by Friday March 2nd, 2018)
Email entries to: firstname.lastname@example.org