THE SONOMA COUNTY SAFE ROUTES TO SCHOOL PROGRAM IS ALREADY GEARING UP FOR THE 2016-17 SCHOOL YEAR.
IF YOU ARE INTERESTED IN BRINGING OUR PROGRAM TO YOUR SCHOOL, PLEASE SUBMIT THIS APPLICATION
SRTS Program Schools receive:
- Free bicycle & pedestrian safety education services
- Guidance and support to implement a customized, ongoing Walk & Roll encouragement/education program
- A supply of reflective, safety-related incentive items to utilize with encouragement activities
- Opportunities to advance knowledge and connect with others who are passionate about active transportation, health, and the environment.
Applications are due by Friday, May 20th, 2016.
The information collected in this form will be used to determine the most effective implementation of our program; no particular answer rules you in or out of the program and each application will be evaluated on its own merits.
APPLY & BE A CHAMPION:
Safe Routes to School wouldn't be possible without our dedicated and enthusiastic Champions at each school. Champions come in all forms. Some are parents, teachers, and some are administrators. The role of a SRTS Champion is to be the school liaison for the program. Each school has a site coordinator that Champions work with.
Each school's needs are different, so our program works to customize our program components to meet the needs of each school community. The responsibility of the Champions can be set flexibly to meet your school's needs and your Champion's time committment.
WHAT IT TAKES:
- Work with SRTS staff to encourage & implement fun programs to get students excited to try walking &/or bicycling to school, such as regular walk/roll days, contests, and other creative activities that inspire families to get active.
- Schedule and/or support education programs provided by SRTS staff; such as on-bicycle education, bike/pedestrian safety classroom lessons or assemblies, and/or Bike or Green Clubs.
- Attend bi-annual "Champion Celebrations" to stay up to date on Safe Routes and connect with other Champions.
- Help coordinate & promote parent workshops or outreach at events (provided by SRTS staff) on topics like street safety, stranger safety, or walking school buses.
Contact Tina Panza at email@example.com