For Sonoma County Students in Grades 4, 5 & 6
Describe in a 250-350 word essay why you love walking and/or rolling to school.
Capture, in a poem, the spirit of why you love walking and/or rolling to school.
- Essay/poem may be typed or written in ink (no pencil please).
- Your essay or poem must have a title
- Label entry with first and last name, grade, teacher, and school name
- One submission per person
Essays will be judged for ability to express enthusiasm for walk & roll, and also on creativity and originality.
- 2 Grand Prize Winners will receive a brand new bicycle from the Trek Bicycle Store and a helmet (one winning essay, one winning poem)
- 4 Runners Up will receive $20.00 Copperfield’s Bookstore Gift Cards
- 20 Honorable Mentions will receive $5.00 Jamba Juice Gift Cards
- All of the above invited to award ceremony at Trek Bicycle Store (date TBD)
Mail entries to: Attention SRTS Essay/Poetry Contest, Sonoma County Bicycle Coalition, PO Box 3088, Santa Rosa, CA 95402-3088
Email entries to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Essays/poems must be submitted by Friday 2/28/14
Winners Announced in March, Winners & Runners Up will be published on www.sonomasaferoutes.org website, Grand Prize winners will be published in the Sonoma Family Life Magazine