JOIN US IN CELEBRATING MARCH (& Roll) FOR MILES MONTH THIS MARCH!
This March, we challenge you to get outside and march - or roll - for miles! Choose a different place to travel on as many days as you can during the month of March, and record where you went and how many miles you traveled on our March (& Roll) for Miles Tracking Sheet. All outdoor miles must have a specific destination such as a school, park, neighbor's house, store, street corner, or even a favorite tree! Find out your mileage by using Google maps or asking an adult, or use our minutes/miles converter. Your submitted March (& Roll) for Miles Tracking Sheet is an entry for a drawing for a fabulous pair of sneakers!
HOW TO PARTICIPATE IN MARCH (& Roll) FOR MILES MONTH
1. JOIN US ON WALK & ROLL TO ANYWHERE DAY!
- On ANY ONE DAY during the FIRST FULL WEEK OF MARCH (March 1-8th), choose a destination to to walk, bike, scooter or skateboard to. It can be ANY destination, whether it is to your school campus, a local park, a store, a friend's house, or just a walk around the neighborhood and back to your home!
- Fill out our WALK & ROLL TO ANYWHERE SURVEY to share when, where, and how far you walked or rolled with us.
- Your survey results will be shared with your school to discover how many kids walked & rolled, how far kids from your school traveled, and which teacher had the highest percentage of student's who walked & rolled that week! The teacher with the highest percentage of participating students will win a $50.00 gift card to their local business of choice!
2. COMPLETE AND SUBMIT OUR MARCH (& Roll) FOR MILES TRACKING SHEET FOR A CHANCE TO WIN A PAIR OF SNEAKERS OF YOUR CHOICE!
MARCH (&ROLL) FOR MILES TRACKING SHEET INSTRUCTIONS:
- Download the March (& Roll) for Miles Tracking Sheet: English (Fillable) PDF Spanish (Fillable) PDF English JPEG Spanish JPEG
- Walk, bike, scoot or skate on as many days as you are able to during the month of March, and enter your mileage to/from your chosen destination for each day.
- If you are unable to walk/roll outside or to figure out your mileage, use our "mileage converter" to determine how many miles you moved.
- Submit to Safe Routes to School (may be submitted via email or the mail), must be received by Monday, April 5th.
ALL March Challenge submissions will be entered into a drawing for a fabulous pair of sneakers of the winner's choice.
Winners will be announced in April and Sneakers will be delivered directly to winners.
Questions? Email Safe Routes to School
PROMOTIONAL RESOURCES FOR SCHOOLS/TEACHERS:
March (& Roll) for Miles Video "Commercial"