JOIN US IN CELEBRATING BIKE2IT! MONTH THIS MAY!
Did you know that transportation is one of the biggest reasons for pollution and greenhouse gas emissions? And that 30% of all the trips we take are 2 miles are less? That’s why this May, we are challenging you to Bike2It! If your destination is within 2 miles, strive to ride your bike TO IT when you are able. Walking, scootering, or skating to it is also a great alternative! Then participate in our May Bike2it! Challenge for a chance to win a $50.00 gift card to a local bike shop or sporting goods store!
HOW TO PARTICIPATE IN MAY BIKE2IT! MONTH:
1. JOIN US ON WALK & ROLL TO ANYWHERE DAY!
- On ANY ONE DAY during the FIRST FULL WEEK OF MAY (May 1st-9th), choose a destination to to walk, bike, scooter or skateboard to. It can be ANY destination, whether it is to your school campus, a local park, a store, a friend's house, or just a walk around the neighborhood and back to your home
2. Fill out our WALK & ROLL TO ANYWHERE SURVEY to share when, where, and how far you walked or rolled with us.
- Your survey results will be shared with your school to discover how many kids walked & rolled, how far kids from your school traveled, and which teacher had the highest percentage of student's who walked & rolled that week! The teacher with the highest percentage of participating students will win a $50.00 gift card to their local business of choice!
3. COMPLETE ONE OR MORE OF THREE BIKE2IT! CHALLENGES FOR A CHANCE TO WIN A $50.00 GIFT CARD TO A LOCAL BIKE SHOP OR SPORTING GOODS STORE!
- Sign our Bike2It! Pledge
- Bike (or walk, scooter or skate) to destinations that are 2 miles or less on as many days as you can during the month of May. Enter those destinations AND something you noticed along the way on our Bike2It! Tracking sheet.
- Draw a map of one of the places you biked (or walked/scooter/skated) to during the month of May
Each Submitted page of the Bike2It! Challenge Packet is an entry into our a drawing!
Winners will be announced in June and gift cards will be delivered directly to winners.
Questions? Email Safe Routes to School
PROMOTIONAL RESOURCES FOR SCHOOLS/TEACHERS:
May Bike2It! Video "Commercial" (Coming Soon!)