JOIN US IN CELEBRATING WALK AND ROLL GRATITUDE MONTH THIS NOVEMBER!
We may not be walking or rolling to school right now, but physical activity is even more essential to health during these challenging times! This November, we challenge you to get outside and walk, bike, scoot or skate around your neighborhood or to a destination of choice - then consider why you are grateful for anything related to those activities.
HOW TO PARTICIPATE IN INTERNATIONAL WALK & ROLL GRATITUDE MONTH:
1. JOIN US ON WALK & ROLL TO ANYWHERE DAY!
- On ANY ONE DAY during the FIRST WEEK OF NOVEMBER, choose a destination to walk, bike, scooter or skateboard to. It can be ANY destination, whether it is to your school campus, a local park, a store, a friend's house, or just a walk around the neighborhood and back to your home!
- Fill out our WALK & ROLL TO ANYWHERE SURVEY to share when, where, and how far you walked or rolled with us.
- Your survey results will be shared with your school to discover how many kids walked & rolled, how far kids from your school traveled, and which teacher had the highest percentage of student's who walked & rolled that week! The elementary AND middle school teacher with the highest percentage of participating students will win a $50.00 gift card to their local business of choice!
2. COMPLETE AND SUBMIT OUR NOVEMBER CHALLENGE ACTIVITY FOR A CHANCE TO WIN A PUMPKIN PIE!
NOVEMBER WALK/ROLL GRATITUDE TRACKER INSTRUCTIONS:
- Download the Walk/Roll Gratitude Tracking Sheet: English PDF Spanish PDF English JPEG Spanish JPEG
- Walk, bike, scoot or skate on as many days as you are able to during the month of November, circling your chosen mode(s) on each day.
- Submit to Safe Routes to School (may be submitted via email or the mail), postmarked by Friday 12/4/20. Can't print or mark up the tracking sheet? Send us an email describing which dates you walked or rolled, what you did, and what you're grateful for.
- ALL November Challenge submissions will be entered into a drawing for a pumpkin pie.
- Winners will be announced in December, and pumpkin pies will be delivered directly to winners.
Questions? Email Safe Routes to School