JOIN US IN CELEBRATING WALK & ROLL FOR OUR HeARTS MONTH THIS FEBRUARY!
We may not be walking or rolling to school right now, but physical activity is even more essential to health during these challenging times! This February, we challenge you to get outside, explore your neighborhoods, and stretch your artistic muscles by drawing about what you LOVE about Walking & Rolling, for a chance to win a $50.00 gift card to a local Art Supply store and/or be featured in a printed "Walk & Roll for Our HeARTS" calendar!
HOW TO PARTICIPATE IN WALK & ROLL FOR OUR HeARTS MONTH
1. JOIN US ON WALK & ROLL TO ANYWHERE DAY!
- On ANY ONE DAY during the FIRST WEEK OF FEBRUARY (Feb 1st-7th), choose a destination to to walk, bike, scooter or skateboard to. It can be ANY destination, whether it is to your school campus, a local park, a store, a friend's house, or just a walk around the neighborhood and back to your home!
- Fill out our WALK & ROLL TO ANYWHERE SURVEY to share when, where, and how far you walked or rolled with us.
- Your survey results will be shared with your school to discover how many kids walked & rolled, how far kids from your school traveled, and which teacher had the highest percentage of student's who walked & rolled that week! The teacher with the highest percentage of participating students will win a $50.00 gift card to their local business of choice!
2. DRAW A PICTURE DEMONSTRATING WHY YOU LOVE WALKING AND/OR ROLLING. Your picture should illustrate why or how it is fun and/or healthy for our hearts, minds and bodies. Then, submit your drawing to SRTS for a chance to win a $50.00 gift card to a local art supply store, and/or be featured in a "Walk & Roll for our HeARTS" printed wall calendar.
WALK & ROLL FOR OUR HeARTS CONTEST INSTRUCTIONS:
- Put your best effort into an original picture illustrating why walking and/or rolling is fun and/or healthy for our hearts, minds and bodies.
- Artwork must be 8.5"x11", and must be landscape orientation
- All mediums are welcome: drawing, painting, mixed media, digital illustration, etc. If utilizing mixed media/collage elements, no more than 20% of collage materials may be from newspapers, magazines, books or other materials pre-printed with text or designs (such as scrapbook paper)
- Submit a high-resolution, scanned copy in JPG or PDF format to email@example.com OR mail to Safe Routes to School, Sonoma County Bicycle Coalition, PO Box 3088, Santa Rosa, CA 95402-3088
- Include your name, school name, grade level, and homeroom teacher, and a way to contact you (phone or email)
- Artwork will be judged on the following criteria: creativity and originality, clarity of art's message to communicating the theme, quality and effort put into illustration, and representation of diversity and inclusivity.
- All entries must be received by Friday, March 5th, 2021
ALL February Challenge Submissions will be entered into a drawing for a $50.00 Art Supply Store gift card. Select submissions will be chosen to be featured in our Walk & Roll for Our HeARTS Printed Wall Calendar. Wall Calendars will be given to the winning students, the teacher of the winning students, and the principal of the winning students.
Questions? Email Safe Routes to School
PROMOTIONAL RESOURCES FOR SCHOOLS/TEACHERS:
February Walk & Roll for Our HeARTS Video "Commercial"