JOIN US IN CELEBRATING WALK & ROLL FOR OUR HeARTS MONTH THIS FEBRUARY!
This February, we challenge you to walk & roll to school, explore your neighborhoods, and stretch your artistic muscles by drawing about what you LOVE about Walking & Rolling, for a chance to win a $25.00 gift card to a local Art Supply store and/or be featured in a printed "Walk & Roll for Our HeARTS" calendar!
HOW TO PARTICIPATE IN WALK & ROLL FOR OUR HeARTS MONTH
1. Participate in your school's Walk & Roll to School Day and/or walk to/from school or anywhere whenever you can!
2. DRAW A PICTURE DEMONSTRATING WHY YOU LOVE WALKING AND/OR ROLLING. Your picture should illustrate why or how it is fun and/or healthy for our hearts, minds and bodies.
3. Then, submit your drawing to SRTS for a chance to win a $25.00 gift card to a local art supply store, and/or be featured in a "Walk & Roll for our HeARTS" printed wall calendar.
WALK & ROLL FOR OUR HeARTS CONTEST INSTRUCTIONS:
- Put your best effort into an original picture illustrating why walking and/or rolling is fun and/or healthy for our hearts, minds and bodies.
- Artwork must be 8.5"x11", and must be landscape orientation
- All mediums are welcome: drawing, painting, mixed media, digital illustration, etc. If utilizing mixed media/collage elements, no more than 20% of collage materials may be from newspapers, magazines, books or other materials pre-printed with text or designs (such as scrapbook paper)
- Submit a high-resolution, scanned copy in JPG or PDF format to firstname.lastname@example.org OR mail to Safe Routes to School, Sonoma County Bicycle Coalition, PO Box 3088, Santa Rosa, CA 95402-3088
- Include your name, school name, grade level, and homeroom teacher, and a way to contact you (phone or email)
- Artwork will be judged on the following criteria: creativity and originality, clarity of art's message to communicating the theme, quality and effort put into illustration, and representation of diversity and inclusivity.
All entries must be received by Friday, March 4th, 2022
ALL February Challenge Submissions will be entered into a drawing for a $25.00 Art Supply Store gift card. Select submissions will be chosen to be featured in our Walk & Roll for Our HeARTS Printed Wall Calendar. Wall Calendars will be given to the winning students, the teacher of the winning students, and the principal of the winning students. Questions? Email Safe Routes to School
PROMOTIONAL RESOURCES FOR SCHOOLS/TEACHERS:
- February Walk & Roll for Our HeARTS Video Commercial
- February Challenge Month Full Page Flyer (8.5"x11") (English PDF) (Spanish PDF) (English JPEG) (Spanish JPEG)
- February Walk & Roll to School Day Reminder Image (square) (English PDF modifiable date) (Spanish PDF modifiable date) (English JPEG for Wed 2/2) (Spanish JPEG for Wed 2/2)
- February Challenge Month Instagrammable Image (square) (English JPEG) (Spanish JPEG)
- February Challenge Month Facebook Event or Website Header (rectangle) (English JPEG) (Spanish JPEG)
- February Challenge Month Page Banner (long, narrow rectangle) (English JPEG) (Spanish JPEG)
Walk & Roll Good For You, Good for the Earth Logo Eng Span Walk & Roll Good for You, Good for the Earth Rectangular Image (Banner) Eng Span