JOIN US IN CELEBRATING WALK & ROLL FOR WHEELS MONTH THIS DECEMBER!
We may not be walking or rolling to school right now, but physical activity is even more essential to health during these challenging times! This December, we challenge you to get outside, explore your neighborhoods, and complete one or more of our Walk & Roll for Wheels Scavenger Hunts for a chance to win a skateboard, scooter, or roller skates!
HOW TO PARTICIPATE IN WALK & ROLL FOR WHEELS MONTH:
1. JOIN US ON WALK & ROLL TO ANYWHERE DAY!
- On ANY ONE DAY during the FIRST WEEK OF DECEMBER, choose a destination to walk, bike, scooter or skateboard to. It can be ANY destination, whether it is to your school campus, a local park, a store, a friend's house, or just a walk around the neighborhood and back to your home!
- Your survey results will be shared with your school to discover how many kids walked & rolled, how far kids from your school traveled, and which teacher had the highest percentage of student's who walked & rolled that week! The elementary AND middle school teacher with the highest percentage of participating students will win a $50.00 gift card to their local business of choice!
2. COMPLETE AND SUBMIT AT LEAST ONE OF OUR DECEMBER SCAVENGER HUNT ACTIVITIES FOR ONE OR MORE CHANCES TO WIN A SCOOTER, SKATEBOARD, or ROLLER SKATES!
DECEMBER SCAVENGER HUNT INSTRUCTIONS:
- Download the FILLABLE Scavenger Hunt Packets: Elementary School/K-6th Packet (English PDF) (Spanish PDF) Middle School/5th-8th Packet (English PDF) (Spanish PDF)
- Do one OR more Scavenger Hunts in your packet - each submitted hunt is an entry into our drawing
- You do not have to find every single thing on the Scavenger Hunt - find as much as you can and submit when you have found all you can.
- Submit to Safe Routes to School (may be submitted via email or the mail) and received no later than Friday 1/8/21.
ALL December Challenge submissions will be entered into a drawing for a scooter, skateboard, or roller skates (winner gets to choose)
Winner will be announced in January, and prize will be delivered directly to winners.
Questions? Email Safe Routes to School
PROMOTIONAL RESOURCES FOR SCHOOLS/TEACHERS:
Explanatory Letter to Students and Families (MS Word English/Spanish) (PDF English) (PDF Spanish) (PDF English/Spanish - 2 pages)
December Walk & Roll for Wheels Video "Commercial" (Mp4 file, ~2 minutes long, 12mb download)
December Challenge Month Full Page Flyer (8.5"x11") (English PDF) (Spanish PDF) (English JPEG) (Spanish JPEG)
December Challenge Month Instagrammable Image (square) (English JPEG) (Spanish JPEG)
December Challenge Month Facebook Event or Website Header (rectangle) (English JPEG) (Spanish JPEG)
December Challenge Month Page Banner (long, narrow rectangle) (English JPEG) (Spanish JPEG)
December Challenge 1/4 Page flyer for printing/physical distribution (Eng/Span PDF Color) (Eng/Span PDF Black & White)
Walk & Roll Good For You, Good for the Earth Logo Eng Span
Walk & Roll Good for You, Good for the Earth Rectangular Image (Banner) Eng Span